Across the UK last year (2014/15), The Trust supported 6,024 young through the Get Into programme:
- 72% of young people moved into positive outcomes, with 59% going into paid employment or self-employment.
- 98% of young people leaving Get Into programmes feel better equipped and more self-confident.
In the UK, The Trust has been running Get Into programmes for more than 10 years, and has supported more than 18,000 young people through these programmes. The key strength of the programme is its unique employer-led approach to skills-based training for young people, through which robust programme methodologies have been developed, bringing together employers and young people.
The Get into model:
- Breaks down barriers between employers and young people
- Fosters relationships between employers and training providers
- Provides young people with the skills and experience needed to move into a specific sector
and secure sustainable jobs
- Reduces skills mismatch
- Helps change young lives by giving them the first foot on the employment ladder
- Motivates and develops employees by involving them in the programme
- Makes a difference to the local community by providing support, training and job opportunities